Ferris vs JD

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yttayl, Jun 8, 2005.

1. yttayl

yttayl LawnSite Member

Looking for help and comments...

Looking at the Ferris 1000Z 27HPKoh, 61" cut vs the JD 757 25HPKaw 60" cut. The Ferris is $7400 and the JD is $8200. Curious if the prices are out of line, and your opinions on value, differences etc.

Thanks in advance for the help.....I've learned a ton here and appreciate it!

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

The ferris is priced about right but the Jd is a little high. I priced a 757 here last summer for $7699. I know that they have went up since last year but that price is still too high IMO. We have a new Ferris IS 3000 and we love it. In my opinion the Ferris will give you more for your money.
  3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

The JD 757 is the mac-daddy! NOTHING cuts like that 7 Iron deck it is great and you will have little to no grass build up under it even in wet grass. The JD price is high though as I bought a New 2005 757 60" 25Kaw in late March of this year and only paid $7500.
  4. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

we were quoted $8500.00 for the Ferris..........I am pretty sure thats what it was. Our 757 Deere ran $8000.00 which we bought plus, they threw in all kinds of clothes as well as free skid steer use on a new Deere skid loader they had that I used on a landscaping job that we did.
  5. protouchlawn

protouchlawn LawnSite Member

I don"t know about the Ferris but I could"nt be happiet with my 757. It leaves a beautiful cut, is good on hills and has given me absolutely no problems in the first 250 hours. I yhink I paid 8,000.00 for it.
  6. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

I'd get the ferris. :)
  7. andyd1x

andyd1x LawnSite Member

Ferris is the way to go. You will find that it has a great cut and the ride is nice as well. My two Ferris units are perfect. :)
  8. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Demo 'em side by side on your properties, and you'll know !

I suspect you'll be mowing with a green and yellow machine, but, you'll find out! The price on the Deere is high.