ferris w/b or wright stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pencap43, Mar 16, 2007.

1. pencap43

pencap43 LawnSite Member

hey guys....I'm lookin to upgrade this spring and just wondering if anyone could provide me with some info! I think I narrowed my search down to a ferris w/b (ultra belt 48in deck with 15kaw) or a wright stander (48in rapid height with 19 kaw). I know the ferris runs for about $3,000 and the wright goes for about $6,200 so there's a pretty big price gap there!! For that reason i'm trying to find more of a reason to go with the w/b but i just wanted to know what you guys think....i have over 20 accounts and I would really appreciate the help! thanks!!

2. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

Once you own a Wright Stander, you'll be hooked.

They are extremely well built and well designed. Great warranty too.

3. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I want to look into a stander but had major back surgery back in jan 07 and didn't know if the stander would be to much stress on my back

4. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Depends on how productive you want to be. Go w/ the stander you will never regret it. 100% more productive than a walk behind. I honestly don't know why anyone would want a walk behind when there are mowers out there like the stander. JMHO
    -Jay

5. Shades of Green LService

You would have more stress on your back turning a WB.
    -Jay

6. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

Absolutely.

7. pencap43

pencap43 LawnSite Member

thanks for all the help!

8. ooo

ooo LawnSite Member

I hope so, just bought one and have never really tried a stander.

9. Shades of Green LService

It's gonna take you a good week to get the hang of it. Congrats on you r purchase. GL
    -Jay

10. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

I have always wanted to try a stander but it seems like they would have some similar downfalls as the ZTR's do. I'm guessing they do not handle hills as well as a WB especially if there is a little dew on the turf. Would this be a fair assumption?