Ferris walk-behind mowers

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by kwa, Oct 25, 2004.

1. kwa

kwa LawnSite Member

I have used Ferris walk-behind mower for many years . Does anyone know any other walk-behind that will perform as well on the hillside or stripe as well as it does?? :cool2:
  2. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a new 48" Bob-Cat WB mower and it holds a hill very well and its quality of cut and striping are far superior to all other brands!!!!! I love my Bob-Cat!!!!!!
  3. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

Which Ferris did you have?? I bought a Ferris before buying my 48 Bobcat and it was sooo bad on the hills that I immediately returned it. I had the single hydro pump ferris which was the root cause of my problem. If you go hydro just make sure that there is a seperate pump for each rear wheel.
  4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I'm sure that there are several mowers that cut and stripe as well as a ferris. You will jst have to shop around and look at the different mowers. the main 3 that I would look at is Cub Cadet Commercial or Lesco (same mower), Hustler, and Scag. That would be a good place to start.

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Encore builds a good hydro that in my opinion will out strip the ferris. I have owned a 52" ferris and felt the encore does a better cut. The best 52" all around that I have ever demoed and will soon own is the 52" Yazoo with the floating deck with the pps controls. Sweet and easy to use! However not cheap!