Ferris Walkbehind Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare, Jan 17, 2002.

1. lawncare

lawncare LawnSite Member

:D I ran into another lco that didn't make it last year he has a ferris 36 inch midsize mower I think he said it was last year model not familar with that brand does or has anyone used these types. It looks to be in pretty fair condition and yes i bought it for a grand(1000). Used it in the field next to my house are thier any problems with these mower. seems prety good so far didn't ask to many questions when i bought it just need a little info on it.

2. Greens Keeper

Greens Keeper LawnSite Member

:) I own two ferris walk behind mowers. A dual drive hydro 60 inch deck 17 hp kawasaki and a 36 inch walk behind 12.5 kawaski 5 speed trasmission. Both excelent machines and you plan on a velke, that machine will drag you all day long. Find a dealer to have a plan if you would need any parts.

3. lawncare

lawncare LawnSite Member

:D Thanks guys I didn't know what i was buying but i know it was worth something i found a dealer he wants me to bring it in and give me all the in and outs of it i guess after a few weeks of use ill sell it to somebody. Just can't say no to equipment need to stop buying stuff imm running out of room.:eek:

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Ferris makes a great WB. I've had 48's, 52's, and 61's for the past 7 or 8 years. Never a complaint with them and all of them have had velkes to pull our guys around. The hydros WBs are especially good. Good luck with it!

5. LawnCrafters

LawnCrafters LawnSite Member

Once again all I have is great things to say about the Ferris walk behinds. I have two (48 & 61 hydros), and I'm selling my Exmark 52 to get another one. They're indestructable.