1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ferris WB belt drive anyone using???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by olderthandirt, Dec 11, 2003.

1. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

My dealers trying to sell me a 6 month old ferris wb 48 inch belt drive with sulky & grass catcher for $2400 otd. It still has 1 yr. of warrenty left. This would be kinda just a back up mower Anyone have any exp. with this mower and what do you think of the price? Thanks

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Decent price Mac (especially with a sulky and catcher thrown in too).

I only run Ferris hydros though...like about 15 of em over the past 9 years. How many hp btw? 15 would be my minimum with 17 more to my liking (especially if you have a sulky too).
  3. 2tall

2tall LawnSite Member

That price seems a little high. When I bought my used 48 SD I only paid $1800. I believe the mower was about 2 years old but was in great shape. Also for another grand or so, you can pick up a brand new SD Ferris.
  4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

What no one else has an opion on this. I could use some imput guys /gals gotta know by FRI.

5. BigEd

BigEd LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Thats a different story THIS mower is still under warranty, includes a sulky and catcher.A sulky and a catcher would cost you about 400-500 dollars alone.

I think its a good deal.
  6. Lil' Cabrito

Lil' Cabrito LawnSite Member

Seems a little pricy to me. I just bought a 36" hydro with velke just under 3,000.