Ferris with suspension

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mdlwn1, Jun 29, 2007.

1. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Any feed back from commercial guys that cut a lot? Looks like a great advancement but whats the real deal?

2. landscape guy

landscape guy LawnSite Member

:canadaflag: :usflag: i've had a ferris 1000z with suspension for three years and its great, it softens the ride somewhat.:drinkup:

3. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

buy a 3100 or bigger they are very productive

4. Langford2000

Langford2000 LawnSite Member

I have the 2000z which is the smallest model with true 4 wheel independant suspension. - love it. Had a lazer that would beat you to death.

5. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

How does the cut of the Ferris compare to the Exmark?

6. Langford2000

Langford2000 LawnSite Member

My exmark was a 2000 model and my ferris a 2006. I like the cut of the ferris - havent had a any complaints.

7. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

I had a Ferris 1500 liked the ride but hated the cut. Converted to Scag now ,in my opinion it's a much better mower. I've had Ferris, Exmark, Deere, MTD Pro, Snapper and Scag and the Scag it better than any of the others I've had.

8. starport

starport LawnSite Member
    from NC

I just bought a new is1500z 48-21 kaw..I demo`ed a number of zts but it came down to the ride and speed.This thing will scoot,and the suspension really works,my dealer had a great test area and after I cut some tall wet grass and road in very bumpy terrain(similar to my own yard) I was sold.

9. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Imagine riding on a cinder block w/ wheels & then stepping into a Cadillac. That's how it felt when I was driving my '95 F250 & then hopped onto our Ferris.

10. jasonlandscape

jasonlandscape LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

if ur on a hillside going sidways, not up and down, then it will scalp the grass on the lower side of the deck due to the suspension bottoming out.

if u turn somewhat fast it will do the same thing...

best thing is to have a suspended seat and a floating deck.