Ferris z1000 zero turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ozzy66, Feb 17, 2006.

1. ozzy66

ozzy66 LawnSite Member

Any reviews or comments on this model?? I`m looking for a zero turn 61" model. I have about 6 acres of mainly open grass with some trees and shrubs.
    I`ve also looked at the Husq. 6127. Any suggestions would be helpful. I found the 6127 for 7100.00 and the ferris for 6500.00.
  2. echovalley

echovalley LawnSite Member
    from CT

You should be able to get the ferris for less,I believe it is a leftover they don't make any machines without IS for 2006.[according to my local dealer]
  3. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

I didnt know mine was a "leftover" 5 months ago lol, but anyway i bought one for $6800 after taxes, its a solid machine:weightlifter:
  4. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

oh yeah the next closest 2006 model is a IS2000z and is $8,799 at a dealer vs mine at 6,499 end of last year, same setup, but 4wheel IS.
  5. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

I own the same machine and have had a lot of hydro pump problems when it was under warranty. When the warranty was up they made me pay for a new pump and what do you know we didn't have any more problems with the pumps after that.. The machines controls are very loose which makes it impossible to cut a straight line and hard to tell when the wheels start to slip. However I will say that not liking the machine we have beat it up pretty good and it no dead yet. The 23 kaw on it is a kick as* motor. But I will never buy another ferris again. The ferris dealers around here suck as much as the machine!!!!
  6. brudot

brudot LawnSite Member
    from CT

7. brudot

brudot LawnSite Member
    from CT

8. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I'm sure the 1000's are good solid machines. We have an IS 3000 that we bought last year that we absolutely love. We have had a couple tiny issues but those had nothing to do with Ferris. We had the hour meter go bad at 40 hours, hydro belt idler arm spring go a while after that and recently had to get the rpm's turned up a little because it came from the factory set a couple hundred too low. I think you would be happy with it because the steering is responsive and they cut good but you'll be in for a rough ride because the 1000 doesn't have IS.
  9. scaper27

scaper27 LawnSite Member

I have a IS 1000 Z and its great. They don't make it anymore. It is IS 1500 Z now. Got mine beginning of last year with the trac vac and catcher new for $7000

It had rear suspension now. looks like a solid machine