1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ferris z5000 wow this looks like quite the machine

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, Jan 5, 2005.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

wow i just looked at this machine i can't imagine how much power this thing must have. has anyone ever heard of this machine better yet does anyone own one of these monsters.
    it's got like a 31.5 diesel cat motor wow
  2. aklandscape

aklandscape LawnSite Member

My wife's cousin bought one last year. Looks like a real animal. The list price was like $18,000 and he got it for like $15,000 and a bunch of extra parts too. I guess you would have to have a lot of work to justify buying that.
  3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

They are nice machines and they have 4 wheel independent suspension for a smooth ride. In order for you to justify buying that you'd need to have enough jobs to run that mower all day every day.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

It is a beast. I demoed the prototype a couple of years ago for a week or so.
  5. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I demoed one last year. Love that diesel engine, but the thing weighs almost 1 ton! The ride was real smooth!
  7. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

they had an article in turf magazine about some guy owning like 3!!
  8. ScCo

ScCo LawnSite Senior Member

impressive machine indeed...I just can't imagine running a 2100lb machine over very many of my properties...the results would be horrendous.