1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ferris ZTRs ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by llama, Sep 20, 2003.

1. llama

llama LawnSite Member

I just saw some Ferris ZTRs at my local dealer. They had indepenent suspension on them. Has anyone out there used the Ferris ZTR before, and if so, what is your opinion?
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Rides like my Caddy...very smooth.
  3. Speedy

Speedy LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Hey llama, saw one at the dealer yesterday. Nice looking machine and would like to try one out. Was the one you looked at in Glencoe by chance???
  4. llama

llama LawnSite Member

yes, it was in Glencoe. Do you live around Gadsden?
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

They have one with the CAT diesel on it. It sounds just like a big rig. My buddy Rodfather likes Ferris mowers. He's all the real info I know about them.

...Did I mention that mean sounding diesel?
  6. llama

llama LawnSite Member

i heard the diesel was so mean that it was banned in 4 states!
  7. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Our Ferris 61" has been running great. Once you run the independent suspension for a few months, you will not want to go back to other ZTRs.
  8. llama

llama LawnSite Member

what did you pay for your 61" Ferris
  9. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Last year Ferris is300z 61, 25 kaw. front wheels independ suspe. $7500 This year Ferris 61 is3000z, 25 kaw. 4 wheels Independ Sus, $8000
  10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

The really nice thing about the IS system is the ability to adjust the shocks. I've been with Ferris for 9 years now using their WB's, Z's, and even a couple of 3-wheelers back when.