Ferris

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CHUCK'SLAWN, Jun 26, 2007.

1. CHUCK'SLAWN

CHUCK'SLAWN LawnSite Member

All you guys running a Ferris 1500 52". What's the scoop on them. Quailty of cut, problems ?

2. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes,

Good Mower.

Mine is cutting like garabage right now, but that is not a Ferris issue, it is a previous employee issue. I need to get it fixed.

I would buy more Ferris I think. I love their ride.

I am looking at trying a Kubota though also. They are nice also.

The only problem that I see, is that if you look at a mower parts catalog and in the blade section, there is not the selection of blades for that mower as there are for other mowers, but that is trivial as the standard High lift blades work just fine.

Tim

3. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

Tim, what is the majority of the the grass you cut?

Just asking becuae i had a two week demo of a 1500, and was un-impressed by the cut. Ride was great though

4. Rob.C

Rob.C LawnSite Member

graet ride poor cut, never would even think about buying one, some people have good luck with them, but for me its hustler all the way.:weightlifter:

5. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

had on since day one now after 3 years they are giving me a new deck because the baffel was welded in in wrong and I have bad lift at the discharge side. they have backed up everything even after warrenty.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I've had around 20 in the last 14 years. Their reliability is unmatched IMO. Currently I have 8 Z's and WB's.

7. Budget

Budget LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

I have that unit, no problem with the cut for me. Only when my blades are getting dull or nicked.

8. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

ppl knock the cut but don't realize the cut at 12 mph versus 7 is different obviously. suspension means cutting at faster speeds.

9. ZH Turf Man

ZH Turf Man LawnSite Member

I have the 48 in deck, ride is o.k., cut quality is fair at best.

10. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

A lot of it is what I consider to be field grass -Kentucky 31 -51 whatever it is.

When it is not grass, it is clover and seed tassles, like when it is dry as it is right now.

Tim