Ferris

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jefft, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Jefft

Jefft LawnSite Member

Anyone out there got any information on the Ferris zero turns.. looks like a well built machine. :blob3:

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have 2, a 1000 and a 3000. I've owned about 15 Ferris units during the past 9 years (Z's, WB's and 3 - wheelers). Ferris builts a very reliable machine IMO. And since we mow for the largest Ferris Distributor in the US, I'm privy to information way before it hits the streets too.

3. Jefft

Jefft LawnSite Member

rodfather.. I have been looking at the 1000 for mostly residential locations where I can use a mulching kit.. with the 48 inch deck.. does this sound like a good set up.. there is only one dealer near me and he is getting a 1000 in for me to look at.. I am looking at it and the Hustler..

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not aware of a mulching kit for the 1000 (though I could be wrong). My 1000 is a 23 kawi, 61" deck and the 3000 is a 25 kawi with a 61" deck also. And yes, Hustler make a great machine as well.

Let me know what price the dealer wants (for the Ferris) and I can tell you if it's good or not.

5. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

We have a Ferris 61" w/ 25 Kaw, and full suspension. GET the 4 wheel suspension, if possible (I don't know if the 1000 comes with it). After using the Ferris for a few months, we went and test drove a bunch of other ZTRs at the CT Groundskeepers show, and simply couldn't believe how nice the ride of the Ferris is in comparison.

It has performed excellent for us so far.