ferris

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cclllc, Oct 18, 2003.

1. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody run Ferris equipment here?I demoed the new "z"w/the cat engine and was impressed.

2. lawn jockey

lawn jockey LawnSite Member

Yes we run all Ferris z's and are very pleased with them.

3. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed on too. But you better have some huge properties to pay for it. But damn, that is a stout machine..

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I've had like 15 or more of them over the past 9 years...WB's, 3-wheelers, Z's. Very reliable machines.

5. TXLAWNBOY

TXLAWNBOY LawnSite Member

Is anyone familiar w/the 32" hydro cut? I am planning on buying one in the spring.

6. rodfather

There's been a number of threads/posts about that machine. Suggest you do a search and see what youi come up with. I don't own one, but I used one for about a week early this year...nice unit btw.

7. TXLAWNBOY

TXLAWNBOY LawnSite Member

Thanks Rod, had a chance to look at one at the dealer. Looks like a well designed machine. A big thing I like was the ease of height adjustment and a good solid deck. Will probably demo one in the early spring.

8. rodfather

It's a nice single, hydro unit. Think the price tag on it was around $2300. Yea, I like the way you adjust the deck height as well.

You probably don't know it, but I demoed the prototype for Ferris more than a year ago. It had a 15 hp kawi with swivvel and front locking wheels in the front. They did away with the swivvel wheels and went to the smaller kawi to lower the cost from what I was told.

Good luck demoing it btw...

9. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

Why is the 32" hydro listed as 37" with deflector up? I was really looking at them til I saw that.

10. LawnMowerBoy48

LawnMowerBoy48 LawnSite Member

I bought a used ferris 48" DD WB 4 years ago, it still runs mint and cuts great. I like using it better than my Wright Stander.