ferris

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

how do u guys like the ferris walk behinds. I'm looking at a ferris belt dirve 36" out the door for 2500. the other thing i was wondering how is the stripeing on those any good
    thanks

2. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Our stripping on our ferris is good. The control of the walkbehind on hills from what i have seen and demoed is unsurpased. We have had minor probels with our ferris machines starter shaft on Z broke but under warranty. and our walkbehind gass tank wore a leak in it ??? But for hours we put on 1,250 hrs a year on the machines and that is the only probelms in 3 seasons.

Jason

3. 2tall

2tall LawnSite Member

Ferris mowers are very dependable. Dont know much on the belt drives but the hydros that I run are excellent.

4. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

That sounds like a pretty good deal. My neighbor has a ferris 48" belt drive WB mower and he seems to like it. The cut and striping from his ferris are pretty good. Personally, I would only buy a Bob-Cat mower!!! I love my Bob-Cat WB mower!!!

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Ferris is basically all we run...must of had like 20 of them (mostly WB's) over the past 11 years...extremely reliable machines.

6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Can't speak for their walk behinds, but I have been pleased with my 2004 Ferris IS1000Z 52" rider. If their walk behinds are like the rider, then I would say they must be good machines. Their walk behinds look a little different than other mowers, they have a "stocky, heavyset" look to them for some reason, but look like a tank. I think the controls are a little different, I beleive the angle of the pistol grip levers are different of others.

Regardless, I'm going to sell my Ferris rider and Exmark hydro walk behind and get a Bob-Cat belt drive walk behind because MKWL says its the best thing, so it must be :rolleyes: