Ferromec AC = GREEN GRASS!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by pcrispy, Jun 23, 2008.

1. pcrispy

pcrispy LawnSite Member

Just wanted to say thanks for this forum and the wealth of information that can be found here. I wanted to pass along my results with Ferromec AC that I have applied to my own lawn via a 1 gallon pump sprayer. Based on my speed of walking and spraying technique (or pump spray output) I have found that 5 ounces of Ferromec per gallon allow me to cover roughly 1,000 sq. feet. I do this about every two weeks. The results are pretty amazing. Since I don't have an irrigation system like everyone around me, usually my yard is getting brown by now (granted we have had a ton of rain this year) but the neighbors yards look pretty nice just like normal. However the distinct line of luscious, dark green that starts at my yard is actually pretty comical. Every time I drive in and see the hard line that divides my amazing color compared to theirs makes me laugh (evil grinning would also be appropriate). Those guys stand out there and look at the 180˚ difference compared to the past and just scratch their head. I'm not telling! (insert long deep devil laughing here)

So, now that I have found such an amazing and inexpensive solution, I will never have to waste money on Ironite, Perk or human poop anymore. I can do a treatment on my entire front yard for about $2.80 compared to the $15-30 that Ironite, Perk and other granulars cost to do the same area, plus MUCH better results. Just my 2 cents.

2. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Good for you :)

Don't over do it though. Iron can be toxic if applied too often.

Mabey monthly in May, June, Sept, and Oct, would be the better choice for you.....Bi-Weekly and it will become BLACK @ that rate.

Pete

3. pcrispy

pcrispy LawnSite Member

Point taken. I have only done three applications so I will sit back and wait to see where it goes. If it starts to lighten after two more weeks then I will reapply. With a 1 gallon pump sprayer it is tough to really gauge your coverage area but the green is nice and even so far. I couldn't be happier.

Thanks!