Fert and calcium combo. Double app. price?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Shades of Green LService, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I was going to sub one of my rounds with a granular fert and calcium application( this is a combo product) my question is, would you guys charge for 2 apps. or one? I have a feeling that most people wouldn't like to see a double charge. any thoughts?

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Thats what I do with my grub treatment and fertilizer app. make 1 trip and do 2 applications. I have only had a few people question it, but when I explain that it was 2 separate treatments they were OK with it. I also give them the option to pay them separately if money is a problem.

3. Shades of Green LService

Is that a fert combo like fertw/allectus, merit mach 2 etc..?

4. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

yes, fert w/merit

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Charging double for fert. and calcium??? I've got a better idea...let's charge double for fert. with weed control. Better yet, we will charge triple for nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium.
    The insecticide combo deal is one thing,...but for micro-nutrients in fert.,...no way.

6. Shades of Green LService

7. Shades of Green LService

Gonna do 1 app price, i don't think my cust. would go for double charge.

8. thomsoutdoor

thomsoutdoor LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't think I would charge for an extra App. unless you have take another pass because of it. For an example I would charge more if I had to do a ph adjustment because I would have to readjust my speader and go back and make another pass. Seeing its basically one application I wouldn't charge for two. However, It would be nice to get paid double. Keep in mind my experience is only two years compared to these other guys some take my advice lightly.

9. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

You do realize that the combo products cost quite a bit more don't you? So, if you don't charge for 2 apps (which that is actually what you are covering), then you are giving it away for free! Good luck w/ that.

10. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I do fert and lime combo on some lawns. Two application price. It is two services.