1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fert and leaves on the lawn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Nov 9, 2004.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:angry: people amaze me sometimes, we ferted a lwan today with winter fert and pelletized lime, the were a handful of leaves on the lawn by no means covered. the lady calls saying she cant belive we ferted the lawn with the lawn "covered" with leaves. i told here if she went out and can pick me 15 pellets off the lawn covered with leaves that i would do her fert next season for free. i tried to explain to her that its a pelletized product and 9 out of ten times the pellet will rool off the leave, even with the stightest of breezes, she just couldnt buy it, i told her ill refert the lawn when we do her final leave pickup, then she finally could leave me alone, sorry just had to vent, people just piss me off sometimes. tony
  2. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had that happen, too Tony. Now I usually just wait and do it after the final clean-up. Just one less thing for people to ***** about. BTW bought the Cat 246 in April and we love it.
  3. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: hey Al, great to hear you love the CAT, just turned 600 hours on ours and not a problem to be had, great machine worth its weight in gold, good luck with it. tony
  4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

next round...cat litter
  5. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds good to me.
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

only 2-3 year more years (seems to be taking forever) :D
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Cat litter is just too expensive.LOL The lawn was already fertilized, so just to pacify her, you can set the spreader on 2 and have at it!