Fert and squirt sub markup?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by cpllawncare, Jan 28, 2013.

1. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

How much should I be marking up my fert and squirt guy? does 10% sound too high?

2. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

Some of my landscapers don't mark it up at all others mark it up $10-$20 an app. Whatever you feel is comfortable. I normally give landscapers a better deal on properties since they produce more volume of accounts. That way they can do there markup and are still competitive.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Thx, does $6/sqft sound high?

4. mx315

mx315 LawnSite Senior Member

$7 to $7.50 per thousand is the going contractor rate around here.

5. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, Even with all disease and pest mgmt and fert included I am generally charged less than $13 per K. I charge the customer generally in the $16 per K range. Smaller lots are generally more profitable for me as the larger the lot the more of a discount in needed per K to be competitive , IE I can not charge $16 a K for 40K lot and neither can the sub as market will not allow it , however on smaller 2 and 3K lots my price per K and market min. for stop allow me more profit per K.

6. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

That seems cheap. Does that include everything? If so how are you/your contractor able to make money on residential lawns at that rate?

7. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on what going rate is, I'm not discussing price out in the open.
    Posted via Mobile Device