1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fert. Application Info/letter

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MudslinginFX4, Feb 26, 2006.

1. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Aside from the things that are required by your state to leave when you make a fertilizer/weed control application do you leave any kind of letters telling them about what you did etc? I've been leaving a newsletter telling about the application etc.. and have also been promoting our other services. Who else does this or something similar?
  2. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

How does it work? How many additional services do you think you have sold?
  3. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

It works great for me. Every time I get a chance I send my customers information about my company, services, etc.. I will also once a year send out a letter with 2 business cards attached asking them to please give them to friends, family, and neighbors. Often times I will pick up 5 or 6 new customers in the middle of the summer just off of those letters and cards.
  4. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

I think its common courtesy to leave a note telling the customer what you did and what they ought to do as a follow up. Each of these leave-behinds promotes another service.....