Fert License in New Jersey

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by joee0914, Dec 17, 2011.

1. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Now you're talking about being constructive. Most people just b!tch & moan and do nothing.

The NJ Fert law was 10 years in the making and hotly debated in the 2 years before it was passed Dec 2010. There are several associations in NJ you might consider joining, NJ Landscape Contractors Association, NJ Turf Grass Association, NJ Nursery and Landscape Association, NJ Green Industry Council.

My recommendation is to get involved and listen to all information then decide for yourself before coming to a foregone conclusion.

2. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you for that information. I was aware the debate had been going on as I was "watching" from the sidelines. Shame on me for not getting more involved, or paying CLOSER attention. I could say a lot more, but I'll just say I'll check out these associations tomorrow and thanks.

3. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Not in NJ, but in NY I am a member of many of the associations, perhaps not as active as I could be but I have spoken at the legistative meetings and voiced my opinions, backed with university studies etc....

They all thank you, say how they werent aware of the facts I, and others, brought forward, will take it under consideration, and 15 minutes later vote any way....Why? because it has been discussed behind closed doors with a select few, they have already made their decisions.

I am a bit jaded on all these laws..especially when I view them just as political feathers for them to put in their hats. No real science behind the decision, expecially when they are unenforceable and they readily admit they are unenforceable, then what is the point of putting it on the books other than to garner a headline and perhaps a few votes in the next election???

4. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

this is the message i received
    NOTE: The certification exam is not available at this time. Please read through the training material for now and check back here later. The test will be available by January 30th.

5. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Test should be available on Monday the 30th.

Happy Early Spring!

6. joee0914

joee0914 LawnSite Member

Are you guys having problems logging in?? I've had to re-register twice and I am still having trouble logging in...

7. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

Yep. Its a joke this tiMe of the year when we are just starting up
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Ticolawnllc

Ticolawnllc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wall NJ

50-70% of the problem is form run off from roads and soil erosion on construction sites. Why do we need a license?

I don't mind but every one is pointing the finger on us.

9. Scott's Lawn Maintenance

Scott's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Well it's Monday January 30 and still can not login after registering, has anyone been able to login yet ?

10. Ticolawnllc

Ticolawnllc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wall NJ

I think I logged on. But now that I think about it I'm not sure. I went to the log in page and logged in and it took me to some page. Form there I opened the table of contents and stared reading. I hope it's keeping track of my progress. I guess I won't know till I try to take the test. :hammerhead: