Fert License in New Jersey

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by joee0914, Dec 17, 2011.

1. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

5. Take the test
    ***NOTE***
    NOTE: We will be emailing information regarding the test to applicators who have registered and completed the training, starting February 3rd.

Dear NJ I'm not sure it would fly if I renewed my licenses or payed my taxes a month late. Perhaps you can create a schedule and stick to it. Applications in some areas will be starting in just a few weeks with or without you.

2. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

HERE HERE!!!!:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

3. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

That was easy.................

4. Lefet2

Lefet2 LawnSite Member

What do you mean?

5. Ticolawnllc

Ticolawnllc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wall NJ

I hope you're not talking about the test. I read every thing days ago and I haven't gotten any notice yet.

Worst thing is the status page isn't working. So I can't tell if all my reading registered :hammerhead::dizzy::hammerhead:

6. joee0914

joee0914 LawnSite Member

Same here... no notice yet and don't even know if the website is tracking all my reading.. NJ/Rutgers needs to get on top of this stuff..

7. Lefet

I think we should all get together and take out an ad in the Press directed to the homeowners, making them aware of the requirements for their landscapers. I bet the majority of them are clueless.

8. Ticolawnllc

from Wall NJ

They don't want to know. If they knew then they would have to care. But they don't care because if they care then they would pay more.

Last year when I stared telling customers this was coming they just walked away. They think it's just me making an upsale.

By the way, the press is disappearing more and more every week. I give it two more years tops.

9. Ticolawnllc

from Wall NJ

What I am going to do is post a link to the new fert law on my website.

10. Lefet

I'd still think I'd give it a try. Especially about the insurance. They never think about those things until something happens. And I'll STILL be out there with the camera, taking pictures and names and phone numbers. And I'll tell the person whose picture I'm taking what I'm doing.
    You're in Wall, there's some nice lawns down there, I would think they would care!!

And yes, the Press is trying to move to online only, I'm surprised it's lasted THIS long.