fert manufacturers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by MIDWEST25, Nov 18, 2005.

1. MIDWEST25

MIDWEST25 LawnSite Member

Anybody know of any fertilizer manufacturers in Missouri,Kansas,Iowa,Illinois,Arkansas,or Oklahoma

2. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

are you looking to but direct? there are a number of manufactures, but i think they will send you to a distributor (rep). www.andersonsgolfproducts.com for andersons products (which i use for price 1st, quality 2nd, but still a great product) also www.uhsonline.com for united hort. supply (which is 2nd to none!! if you dont like there prices on fert. atleast buy there MEC-D weedkiller, this stuff kicks a$$) i like the united hort fert because it spreads great! and the results are perfect. i would stay away from simplot, i used there fert for 1 round and i hated the stuff, i had good results, but it was so dusty it got to the point i was totaly pi**ed off at the end of the day. also lesco is good, clean, and spreads good, just a little pricy.

3. dallen

dallen LawnSite Member

This is a custom manufacturer for the most part. The use a binding granulation or pelletizing process to produce ore-based and organic matter-based fertilizer. Located east-central Illinois. <focusformulations@yahoo.com>

4. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

Helena Chemical Co has a location in KC

Howard Johnson has a fertilizer plant in Neosho, MO, but I think you need to buy their product through distributors