Fert price quote

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Falcon50EX, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

35-0-7 w/Duration .10% Dimension $44.50/bag
    34-0-6 w/Duration .15% Dimension $46.50/bag
    Nitroform 38-0-0 $37/bag

These are based on the smallest order but if I were to order 2 pallets or more price would decrease 2$/bag

This is from Agrium Advanced Technologies
    :usflag:

This is the first time to deal with AAT so how does the prices look and is the product worth it.

2. JbirdGA

JbirdGA LawnSite Member

The pricing is ok.
    The challenge is you need to apply .5#of Dimension so the .10 you would have spread 500# acre. This would put you over the required amount of N you would need on warm season in Atlanta.
    The .15 would be more in line you still have to spread 333 # acre. I am assuming these are Spreaditforgetit blends not just a single duration.

3. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

I can not answer that question but will ask.
    I may spread the Nitroform and spray Prodiamine. But then I would only get N all year not the best overall. You are in the area so the heat of the summer you know, how does the product work overall if you use it.
    :usflag:

4. Tim Vipond

Tim Vipond LawnSite Member

Liquid organic fertilizers are less expensive at $30 per acre per application. And better for the environment.

5. JbirdGA

JbirdGA LawnSite Member

The product should be a mixture of 3 different Duration products. These are just polymer coated urea products. The potash portion of the fertilizer is not coated and will go down the initial application. In Atlanta I can only figure out how to make the product work for warm season turf. Zoysia and Bermuda require different amounts of N so it makes applying with pre-emergent a challenge.

6. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

The prices i got was about $2 cheaper a bag but mine was with Evade.

I figured it out to be a little more for the duration than what i am going to run in my program per acre for the year.

But you will save on labor. A little i guess it would depend on how many apps you do.

But you will also have to carry more wight in the spring about 2.5 more bags per acre.

I guess we will have to try it to see if it is worth the cost

I think Grassman does

Charles Cue