Fert. program for Florida

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawnguy26, Mar 30, 2005.

1. lawnguy26

lawnguy26 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Any opinions/thoughts/advice much appreciated.

Feb-March: Liquid app. 46-0-0 or 21-0-0 @ 1 lb N per 1000/Iron sulfate/Potash/Dimension/spot treat weeds

April-May: Granular app. 24-2-11/spot spray around concrete and hot spots with Sevin and wetting agent for chichbug control/spot treat weeds

June-July: Liquid app. Iron sulfate/Manganese/Potash/Talstar with wetting agent/spot treat weeds

Aug-Sept: Granular app. 24-2-11/spot treat chinchbugs with Talstar and wetting agent/spot treat weeds

Oct-Nov: Liquid app. 46-0-0 or 21-0-0 @ 1 lb N per 1000/Iron sulfate/Potash/Barricade/spot treat weeds

Dec-Jan: Granular app. 17-3-11 100% SRN/spot treat weeds

2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

1-800-call-ric :)

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Lawguy

Not a bad program at all but not my program. What I like about your program is the every other application is Granular. I also like you idea of 21-0-0 and potash. I also like the Idea of Iron sulfate but it does eat a pump up. BTW I also like your spot treatment of weeds and no pre emerge. I believe pre-emerge root prunes.

I believe you are farther North than me so our soils may be different and therefore our programs would be different.

What I don't see is GRUB CONTROL. That is a biggie in my area. Also I see no ANT CONTROL in the granular cycle. Maybe Grubs are not a problem in your area. I have sections that Grubs are not a problem and a lot sections that they are a problem.

My tank Mixes are close enough to your but Different in many ways also. My Granular application are entirely different blends and contain a lot of CSR. Now I am just paranoid enough not to give my program out.

4. lawnguy26

lawnguy26 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I've heard this and been thinking about going with a chelated Iron. Just love the results from 21-0-0 and Iron sulfate.

I agree. But if you look again you'll see I do have a pre emerge in fall and spring. This was included mainly for crabgrass. I think I'll remove the fall pre emerge and just do the dimension in early spring.

Grubs aren't a problem up here. Ants will be treated as needed with a bait applied to targeted areas. I'm hoping my blanket spray of Talstar in summer will help as well. A more radical approach will be taken on my problem yards. I've seen great results with fipronil.

Haven't talked to a lesco rep. in awhile so I will need to see what they have to offer. My basic goal with my granular apps. will be 1-1.5 lbs of N, 0 P, 1 lb of K2O, 3-6% Fe and 1-2% Mn. They will be 50% CRN except my winter app. which will be 100% SRN. Now I no my posted apps. won't do this, they will change.