1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fert Question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Adamslawncare, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Adamslawncare

Adamslawncare LawnSite Member

I was wondering what some of you would charge per application for a granular fert and weed control application on 32000 sq. ft. turf area. The terrain is mostly flat. Thank you in advance for any advice.

2. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I charge from 160 to 200 depending on property.
  3. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Adam - generally in MI, we get around $4/1000 sf. Make sure you have an applicators certificate and a business lic. for pesticides.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Actually, that is way high for around here.
    Adam, if you are not licensed to do this, trust me... don't even touch it! It's not worth the consequences, as there are so many ramifications to this. I would however, be happy to help you on any of your application needs. I have a fert. program that is second to none in this area, and is showing better results than anyone else around (except for my mentor). The customers sort of freak out over how good their lawn looks, and everyone confirms, that no matter who they had do it before, their lawn has never looked like what it does with this program. It is nothing short of awesome. Let me know if I can be of assistance, and I can help YOU look good.
  5. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Joe - you've got to be kidding! I just did some est. and was way under what the previous LCO charged. I was thinking maybe I was too low at $4/k. I guess the old saying goes.....location, location, location. And Kashmere is one of my favorite songs!
  6. khutch

khutch LawnSite Senior Member

$4 per k HIGH??

20 bucks for a 5,000 sq ft yard too high.

Man, it must be tough in Flint.....
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Well, it doesn't exactly work like that,... there is a stop fee and minimum added with that... we're sort of talking about something totally different, here.
  8. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

I would do it for 175 to 200. It depends on your area, you
    need to shop your competion. Also you need to really find
    out what you can do it for. Based on your overhead and costs
    then come up with a price.
  9. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

Joe, I would like to see that program.
    You have me intrested always trying
    to find the perfect program.
  10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

If I may ask what are the going prices per thousand in New Jersey. I have heard that McDonald's Pays their help over $ 10.00 per hour. The cost of living is high in that area I am sure. However in an other thread a member said app prices start at $ 12.00 to $ 24.00 per thousand square feet. Now interesting enough a New Jersey Franchise working in my area offers the cheapest price in town.