Fert rate for Water Hawthorn Bulbs

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Az Gardener, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I am potting up some Water Hawthorn bulbs and my pond with the good funky biological nutrients is full so I am putting some in tubs until I can deliver them. I have some low salt water soluble urea 46-0-0 but I'm not sure how much to put in the tubs they are 25 gal tubs. If anyone knows what the Ph should be that would be great too right now its at 7.9 and I can adjust it with citric acid if I knew where it should be. I got these from a friend kinda a last minute thing and I need to get them going today they have been in a bucket for over a week and are sprouting. Thanks in advance for any help ASAP.

2. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

Do you mean water hyacinth?? If they're sprouting in a bucket, just put 'em in the tubs, fill with your "good funky" pond water and let 'em grow.

3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

No its Water Hawthorn APONOGETON distachyus And I'm out of funky pond water. Thanks for responding though.

4. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

5. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldnt worry to much about them. If you could fill up the tubs with pond water you should be okay, maybe add some mosquito fish..