Fert. recomendation for dethatched/seeded lawn

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by SpruceLandscape, Aug 15, 2007.

1. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

Hey guys, looking for a little bit of advice on a fert. application on my own lawn. I will be dethatching and overseeding my lawn next month and was considering a good dose of lesco's granular 19-19-19 to help things along. Good idea or not? I've had good success in the spring with this, was wondering if I should try it though with new seed germ. Thanks

2. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

A 1-2-1 ratio is a better starter. Lebanon's 16-25-12 w/MESA or Lesco 18-24-12 50% PSCU would be better. 19-19-19 contains quite a bit of soluble N & will raise the risk of Pythium this time of year.

3. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

What's your soil test say? Do you need the P? Why pay for it if you already have it? You might just need some lime to correct ph and release the P. You might want to try an N with a little bit of slo release, maybe some MU or coated. Methylene Urea.

Can't we get a sticky on this board that explains the macro and micro nutrients and what they do? That seems a little elementary though i guess.