Fert. spreader options, assistance please

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by treemonkey, Apr 4, 2008.

1. treemonkey

treemonkey LawnSite Member

I am looking for options to apply fertilizer in two different scenarios at my work place.

First, I have about 3 acres of non-irrigated lawns to maintain. I fertilize only 3 times a year. Sometimes I apply grub control. I have a ZTR, Gator, and compact tractor for power.

Second, I have 1/4 to 1 acre nursery plots that I apply ag. products (fertilizer) to.

I am familiar with Vicon pendulum spreaders and Gandy drop spreaders. An 8 foot Gandy costs almost $5,000 dollars!!!!!

I'm stuck between wanting an efficient system, but I can't justify the high cost to do something a few times a year.

Are there other high quality spreaders out there that are ACCURATE for less $$$$$$?

Thanks for any input.
  2. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Lordy, there are many under $5K. Check out Tractor Supply for a PTO driven spreader for that compact tractor or even a good size pull behind for the gator.

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

Vicon makes the best and most uniform large turf hopper, nothing can beat the agitation and distrabution of product that the Vicon has.
  4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Spyker makes very nice units. Check 'em out. They last for many years. The 220 or 120 will fit your needs.
  5. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I'll second that!