Fert suppliers in the Louisiana or Houston area

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by PHS, Dec 20, 2007.

1. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

Other than Lesco (I already know where their stores area at) I'm looking for some different fertilizer suppliers in this area? Any ideas?

2. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

3. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

4. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

What is UAP?

5. quiet

United Agri Products. Used to be Verdicon; before that, United Horticulture Supplies (UHS). Very good fertilizers, competitive prices.

Office in Irving, TX for DFW area. Check their web site for Houston area ofc.

6. BigTom

BigTom LawnSite Member

We use BWI and Lesco.

7. PHS

Thanks for the help guys. I contacted Estes and UAP and their salespeople are supposed to contact me next week.

BWI, required a $5000 min order to become a customer so I'll have to wait a little bit until my next bigger order.

8. quiet

Hunh? You sure about this? I've never placed an order for anywhere near that much from them, and they've delivered it for free. My orders are usually around $800.

9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

If you wait long too long, the increase in fert prices alone may get you to your $5,000 min order. :laugh:

10. PHS

"If you wait long too long, the increase in fert prices alone may get you to your $5,000 min order."

Hardy, Har, Har :). I have most of what I need for lawn fert this year. I'm looking for tree and shrub ferts and also lawn fert suppliers for upcoming seasons. I also like to buy different products in small quantities to try out and see how they work.

"Hunh? You sure about this? I've never placed an order for anywhere near that much from them, and they've delivered it for free. My orders are usually around $800."

That's what the guy told me but it didn't sound right to me either. Maybe I just got a fill-in guy who was answering the phones over the holidays :). I'll call them back next week and see if I can find out more information. They have a lot of products I like so they would be a nice supplier to have.