fertalizer spreders

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scottlawns, Mar 14, 2000.

1. scottlawns

scottlawns Guest

just wondering some brand names you all use,lesco has the 80pound hopper one for 329.00 just wondering if i should spend that much or if you all might have other good choices,i get to take my test next week and it sure dont look easy,im 35 and havent studied in a long time.

2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Spend the money on a quality spreader if you plan on doing many applications. I bought a Scotts pro spreader this year after using a cheaper Earthway for the past couple seasons. Wish I would have spent the $305 first time around. It is much easy to push, more accurate, and holds more product.

3. scottlawns

scottlawns Guest

does the scotts got a stainless steel frame?and a cover?<p>thanks Scott

4. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

The spreader I bought was painted and came with the cover. Stainless was about $90+- more.<br>I think the model was a Accu2000. I am pleased with it.

5. slagerlawncare

slagerlawncare LawnSite Member

hey i'm 38 and i still did it...<br>yur right though about studying...geez the retention just aint there like it used to be.<br>i gotta 82% so that isn't too bad.<br>BTW..scotts..where abouts in MN. are you?<br>my wife is from way up der in da north country...<br> i wish you luck.

6. scottlawns

scottlawns Guest

im in the burbs of mpls...in eden prarie.<br>

7. PLS

PLS LawnSite Member

I think Scotts and Lesco spreaders are very simular in their mechanics&gt; I have 2 Lesco stainless and love them.