Fertalizing Licsense????????

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Forest, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Forest

Forest LawnSite Member

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone can tell me how a person would go about getting licsensed for things such as applying Fertilizers???. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    -Forest

2. get ahold of your state department of agg.They can get you all the study materials etc .

3. Forest

Forest LawnSite Member

Great... Thanks for the info Odin. Much appreciated. -Forest

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup check with your state...some states don't require you to have a fertilizer license, but a pesticide license is needed

5. yup your right there some states dont require for fert ...here in ILL they do for fert and pesticide

6. tiedeman

from earth

here in Michigan no to fert, but yes to pesticide. Sometimes I wish that they would have for fertilization because of the people that are not trained and put it down incorrectly. Fertilizer is just as poisonous as pesticides. A lot of cities here in Michigan have banned phosphorous fertilizer applications

7. Forest

Forest LawnSite Member

Great. Thanks for all the info guys. -Forest

8. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, I guess i need to do some more studying. I waas under the assumption that I had to have a license to put anything down. Hmmm.

Trevor

9. tiedeman

from earth

to put pesticides down on turf in Michigan you have to pass the core exam first, and then the Category 3A Turfgrass exam.

10. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

i believe that to also be true for putting down Preen??