1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fertalizing, what price?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Orkin Yards, Feb 5, 2001.

1. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards LawnSite Senior Member

do ya'll charge the same amount labor for fertalizing that you do for mowing the yard or what, i guess my question is how do most of you charge for fertalizing?
    also any info on spreaders would be great, i'm goig to buy one this year and i don't really know what i want...i need some way to keep it out of beds though, thanks again
  2. moonarrow

moonarrow LawnSite Member

I charg my regular hrly rate when putting down ferts. plus cost of fert with 30% mark up. If you are going to get a walk behind spreader, get a rotary spreader. Lesco has a pretty good one that has a little guard that drops down on one side to protect from getting it into the beds
  3. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

We primarily use Lebanon fertilizer products but if I was just starting out in the biz I would probably deal solely with them. They have great spreader options and the units are nice because they have a deflector to keep the pattern from spraying into the street along the roadways.

We actually earn more per hour for fertilizing because you can cover so much more acreage by spraying a pattern @ 8-12 feet than you can by mowing a 5 foot swath.

Hope this helps.