1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Fertilization bid on 4.5 acres

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by accuratelawn, Mar 17, 2000.

1. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Most of the applications I do are residential.<br>I charge $40 per 10,000 per application.<br>In the residential market here others charge from $35-$55 per 10,000.<br>I am bidding an manufacturing plant run by one of my customers. 4.5 acres.<br>My question is how do you bid something this large? Same pricing as residential?<br>Thanks for the help

2. For an application of 32-5-7 50%scu straight<br>fert with no herbicides:<p>1. at 1/2 lb of N per 1k $310<br>2. at 1 lb of N per 1k $425<p>I am giving myself 4 hours total labor and<br>a 30 mile travel allowance for the above.<p>Do you want the details on how I got to the<br>selling price?<p>

3. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

That seems low. Tell me how you arrived at the price. The area will need some weed control.<br>

4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

It is LOW. Until the competition with high-production equipment comes along at $90/acre - INCLUDING weed control. <p>Stone's got it pretty close.<p>If you mow the site hopefully you'll get a little more and with broadleaf weed, you'll be close to $600.00