Fertilization bid on 4.5 acres

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by accuratelawn, Mar 17, 2000.

1. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Most of the applications I do are residential.<br>I charge $40 per 10,000 per application.<br>In the residential market here others charge from $35-$55 per 10,000.<br>I am bidding an manufacturing plant run by one of my customers. 4.5 acres.<br>My question is how do you bid something this large? Same pricing as residential?<br>Thanks for the help

2. For an application of 32-5-7 50%scu straight<br>fert with no herbicides:<p>1. at 1/2 lb of N per 1k $310<br>2. at 1 lb of N per 1k $425<p>I am giving myself 4 hours total labor and<br>a 30 mile travel allowance for the above.<p>Do you want the details on how I got to the<br>selling price?<p>

3. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

That seems low. Tell me how you arrived at the price. The area will need some weed control.<br>

4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

It is LOW. Until the competition with high-production equipment comes along at $90/acre - INCLUDING weed control. <p>Stone's got it pretty close.<p>If you mow the site hopefully you'll get a little more and with broadleaf weed, you'll be close to $600.00