fertilizations customars not responding to the begining season letter

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Mar 22, 2001.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i asked this on another forum
    what do you guys do with the fertilization customars not responding to the begining of the season letters.
    some of them i called 3 times with no response (there lawn looks ok so i know it's not that)
    anthony

2. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

Pitch a tent in there yard!!!!! HAHAHA

But seriously that old saying you can lead a horse to water......but etc. would apply. I would then concentrate on another client or aspect of your business that will put money in your pocket....Then check with them next time you have time. Maybe that will be never because you have already filled up with new customers!!!

3. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

We don't send letters, we always assume customers re-use us year to year unless they fire us. all our contracts automatically renew w/ 3% cola increase UNLESS they call us. we have had maybe .5% complaints doing business this way. fertilize and send a bill. move on. Dave g

4. powerreel

powerreel Banned

turnover may be around %25

5. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

I send out letters in the Spring to all customers stating that our service is a continueous year to year service unless otherwise notified.

6. RMc Lawn

RMc Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I sned out a letter in early spring stating that the service will remain the same as last year unless they notify me of any changes. So far this has worked well.Turnover rate has been less than 1%.

7. greengeezer

greengeezer LawnSite Member

Hey guy's

Check your state notification laws. They are different in many states. Here in michigan, no service is continuous. Each customer must be reached and confirmed by mail or phone or don't do the app. Some companies try to push the app. but if the customer didn't want that service you can't make them pay and you are subject to fines from the ag dept. In some states writen contracts are required(New York). Not properly notifying customers waste's your time and money and leads to the type of notification laws in New York. (And I'm not even mentioning the "chemicaly sensetive" notification list.)

8. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i was reviewing my old post's and thought it would be good to kick this one to the top.

in new jersey no pesticide service is continueous or auto renew.
    we have to send out our program and give them a chance to review the program before we start.
    when we used to cut grass we would just show up each spring(price increase and all). and kept almost 100%
    ant