1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fertilize in TN

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Dixie Rob, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Dixie Rob

Dixie Rob LawnSite Member

I have done a lot of searching and reading, and used the search feature so don't bash me. I simply want to know when the earliest is I can fertilize my lawn. I am located 30 miles north of Nashville Tennessee.

2. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have cool season or warm season grass? If you have Tall Fescue go ahead and do it in mid Feb. with Lesco's 25-2-5 Pre-M or 19-0-11 Pre-M. Follow that up in mid April with the same. If you have a warm season grass someone else will have to help you.
  3. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

If it is warm season, use Pendimethalin 0-0-7 or Barricade 0-0-8 about the first of March.

After the grass is at least 50% green and soil temps reach 65 degrees, use just about any regular fertilizer applying 1 lb of N per thousand. 28-5-12 would work just fine as an example.
  4. Dixie Rob

You guys are awsome. Thanks!
  5. Dixie Rob

It's mostly tall fescue by the way. I just want to make sure I don't miss the best time to start. I'm just a homeowner and all.