Fertilizer and crabgrass control 40300sq

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by daveyo, Apr 4, 2004.

1. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

I was wondering what to charge, I have a new customer (homeowner) who wants 40300sq' of lawn fertilized and treated with crabgrass control. I use lesco product so one bag of fert combo cg control is $18 dollars it does 12000 sq'. I appreciate any suggestions.

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

daveyo.. this should have been posted in the pesticide forum and will probably be moved. Are you licensed to apply this product? How much do you think it's worth? Did you try searching for the answer..?

3. daveyo

from N.J.

I am a environmental scientist by trade, I am licensed and hve been doing landscape design on the side for seven years. I normally use organic ferts and methods with excellent results. To do 40300sq' isn't affordable for the customer. I will post on in the pesticide forum.

4. Lawn-Scapes

That's cool dave.. hope to see many post by you and hope you enjoy your stay here at lawnsite. I'm not sure what the going rate is in Jersey so someone else should probably chime in. I'm going to guess it is in the $4-5 per 1000 sf range. What product will you be using exactly?

5. daveyo

from N.J.

Thanks I appreciate that, accoding to the soil test results N,K are fine but P levels are high (not unusual for my area). Micronutrients are within range but are a little depleted. I can resolve that over time. I'm thinking to use the dimension 19-3-6, with slow release N, I will determine the the exact specs of the product I'll be using with a little more research. i.e. % of slow release ferts in the product, urea and ammoniacal %'s (nitrogen breakdown) granular type, lbs of active ingredient per acre. I want to be very exact, I dont usually do such a large area but it's all the same if I am methodical with the rates.

6. Lawn-Scapes

Will you be doing a single application or a split? If single.. I believe the coverage will be about 9150sf per bag.. so take that into consideration when you are figuring your price. Good luck.

7. daveyo

from N.J.

Thanks Lawnscapes, I will be doing a single, I will definitely take that into consideration when pricing. I appreciate your responses and look forward to your insight.