1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fertilizer and pesticide South Carolina certification/training

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by shrekwhatley, Dec 17, 2005.

1. shrekwhatley

shrekwhatley LawnSite Member

:confused: I am a newbie and have done lawn care in the past but never did fert. and pesticide. I am wanting to be full service to my customers so I think I need to be able to do it all, but I really am not as knowledgable on these issues as I would like. Does anyone know what is involved or even required to spread fert.and or pesticide. I also would like info on training in these areas to be all I can be. Oh yeah I will be working in South Carolina:confused:
  2. Reliable Lawns

Reliable Lawns LawnSite Member

Contact your country extension office, they will set you up with the info you need and where and when testing is offered. Word of advice, "STUDY". Don't just read the info, understand it and remember it. All in all, I think it cost me about $ 200.00 when all done to get my license. But well worth it. Good Luck.