Fertilizer Application Pricing

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Husky, Jan 29, 2003.

1. VARMIT COMMISSION

VARMIT COMMISSION LawnSite Senior Member

Plus 780 would be 1/2.

2. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

Runner:
    How can guys stay in business doing 1/2 acres for $55? The fert alone would cost $25-30 at real decent prices. That's charging less than $3/k! Wow, competitive huh?

3. Kylec3

Kylec3 LawnSite Member

i would prob be around 60-65 per app... this includes 2 crabgrass and 2 post emergent...grub control would bring the price up a little more

4. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

i guess i just do it like this...cost of product+30% markup, and labor/time to apply it, at my rate hourly....works out to be pretty comparable to rates on here i've read.................this way i guess customer just has to see if a certain application costs me more, then it costs them more

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Wow!...I guess I missed THAT one big time! lol

HarleyD,...Yeah,...it sucks, but that's what many companies around here charge.....especially the bigger ones. Granted, they don't deliver anything - just a middle of theroad mediocre program, but that's what they do. While many of our lawns ARE around 62-65 bucks, I run across these customers who are used to paying these minimal amounts all the time.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  6. jimmyzlc

jimmyzlc LawnSite Senior Member

If you do your homework and find a wholesale supplier your can get a 50 lb. bag of fertilizer for 18-20 bucks a bag. I just bought 25 bags of 25-5-11 for $18.25 a bag. 2-3 dollars more with weed control pre or post.

7. grass4gas

grass4gas LawnSite Senior Member

Look at the posting date...It was 1/30/2003 when he made that comment. Still low, but not as bad as if he was charging that price today.