Fertilizer Application

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by FINN, Sep 25, 2004.

1. FINN

FINN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

I really appreciate the feedback I have been getting on this. I've been wracking my brain trying to figure it out. Its been fun too. I've had to blow the dust off my turf degree.

I know the setting is correct for the spreader and the product. I have a lot more experience determining the size of an area than I do spreading fert. However, I did ask myself those questions.

The spreader is a Lesco 80lb Rotary Stainless. The product is Lesco is 18-24-12 Starter Fert. The product label info says LESCO Calibration Guage #15. I double checked it to be sure.

I plan to talk with Lesco and calibrate this spreader. I'm more interested in the answers from calibrating than anything else. I have a scale on order. As soon as it comes in I'll do the calibration and share the results. Hopefully it will answer some questions. Your feedback will be appreciated again.
  2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

You could have gone to Wal-Mart and picked up a scale. Just to let you know, in case they start telling you each week, that it'll be on the truck next week. :)