1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fertilizer bags

Discussion in 'Lebanon Turf' started by Ray@LebanonTurf, Dec 14, 2004.

Fertilizer Package Preference

1. I prefer paper bags

10 vote(s)
  2. I prefer poly or plastic bags

95 vote(s)
  3. I have no preference

7 vote(s)
  1. Ray@LebanonTurf

Ray@LebanonTurf LawnSite Member

We have had over 150 views of this thread but only 27 votes. Come on everyone it's a democracy, click on the pole and cast your vote!

(If you have already voted please refrain from voting twice.)

What type of package do you prefer for you fertilizers? Paper bags may be easier to open and dispose of, plastic or poly bags are better at resisting moisture and less likely to tear. Do you have a preference? Does the type of bag have an influence on your purchase decision?
  2. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I much prefer plastic bags of fertilizer. mainly because of the high humidity around here.

If I was a bigger company, the type of bag would influence my purchasing. I would most likely buy by the palet if it was plastic and less at one time if it was paper.
  3. Ray@LebanonTurf

Thanks for the feedback. We are moving most of our products to poly packaging as we work through the existing package inventory. If you have not done so already vote in the poll!

4. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

to me, it depends when i am gonna use it. if i am going to use it right away i like paper because it is easier and quicker to open. if i am gonna keep it for a bit, plastic.
  5. Ray@LebanonTurf

Hey thanks for the feedback. We have had about 75 or so people view this thread, but only about 15 voted? The overwhelming response is that poly/plastic is the way to go. So far not a single vote for paper or no preference. Can everyone see the poll results? If not I will try to do a screen capture and post the graph as a picture.

If you have an opinion please click the appropriate radio button in the poll. Even if you have no preference that's good for us to know. As far as I can tell the voting is totally autonomous so we don't know how you vote or even who the voters are so you can be fearless and vote your conscious! Ain't democracy grand!

6. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I like the plastic better but I use your products so I have been stuck with paper. I have had problems with fert drawing moisture, especially the blends with Iron.
    Cost isn't the biggest factor if I lose a bag to moisture @ $19 each. payup
  7. Envi-Lawn

Envi-Lawn LawnSite Member
    from CT

paper bags w/ inner plastic liners are easier to open, but seem to draw in moisture. Plastic bags require a razor blade knife handy, something that always seems to be misplaced. I prefer paper
  8. Darr57

Darr57 LawnSite Member

Lesco sells some of their fert in poly bags that are perforated, so you just rip them open, these are the quickest and easiest bags I have ever worked with.
  9. Shawn Burns

Shawn Burns LawnSite Member
    from N.C.

I don't get to visit lawnsite alot so i don't know how long you have been a sponsor, but it's good to have you here!
    I have been using your products for a long time (put out 30 bags yesterday) and have to say the plastic bags are much better to me. I look forward to all of your products being in plastic.
  10. Rrjp111

Rrjp111 LawnSite Member

I think the plastic bags are the best.