1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fertilizer Calculation

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Traunc, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Traunc

Traunc LawnSite Member
    from Hope

If i were to apply a fall fertilizer
    what would be a safe rate to apply it (lbs per1000 sq ft) without putting out too much salt?

2. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

10 pounds/1000 would be safe.
  3. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

@ 10lbs per 1000 your putting down 3.6lb actual potassium. Seems kinda high by my standards, thats a season rate for me give or take a little bit. What type of turf are you treating? I'm curious on your product choice for the fall, how did you come to that analysis?
  4. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

again, type of grass, location, soil type..10 lbs? 3.6 lbs of actual K per 1000? with the possiblity of that being MOP?!!! no, I don't think so
  5. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I smell a little sarcasm, gentlemen. What happened to the "rate this post" feature?
  6. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Assume it is MOP.

Safe rate would be about 3 lbs/M. If anyone thinks more is ok, I'd be very interested in hearing the details.
  7. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

You're right Dreams, my apologies, sometimes a little cranky in the mornings before fully cafeinated..lol...however, this particular thread is just a restart of previous one where asking for more info about species and location was put forth in a kinder, gentler way.