Fertilizer Cost Increases

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by LawnSharks, Feb 22, 2008.

1. LawnSharks

LawnSharks LawnSite Senior Member

Attached is a tech bulletin from Lesco/John Deere Turf that outlines the increases in fertilizer costs that I have found useful to send to customers. We increased most of our accounts by 10% and had no one balk at the increases.
    You're welcome to email it to your customers or post on your website.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=100810&d=1203684741

2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Thanks LawnShark!

This goes right along with what we have all been talking about on here for the last several months!

It sucks! But we have to live with it!

The only thing I worry about and I don't think I seen it mentioned is availability!

I think guys that "pick up" their fert and don't have storage could be at risk of not getting product from what I have heard. Unless something has changed in the last several weeks. I am getting this info from the ag side as they are very concerned of a shortage!

3. FertMen

FertMen LawnSite Member

See, Fuel Companies figure they can only raise gas prices so much, but can get us in Fertilizer costs. If you think about it, they sell alot of byproducts, just look at the cheapest fuel they make- DIESEL, yet it is the most expensive one at the pumps..

4. LawnSharks

LawnSharks LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing has been mentioned about shortages here in the South. Hopefully, we won't have to deal with that too. Good luck to all.