1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fertilizer Equations

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Husky, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

Different places different prices I know. Next year I am going to do .00425 per sq ft, do you guys use any other way of charging this, its seems very profitable to me, I just don't want to low ball and I want to be competitive. I also would like to know of a cheaper way to get fertilizer. I love scott's fertilizer, but its expensive, all experience please comment!!
  2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Go to the pesticide and fetilize forum here at LS. I think it will surprise you if you haven't looked before.
  3. healthylawn.net

healthylawn.net LawnSite Member

You should call Lesco and buy by the pallet. You should pay around $8.00 per bag for a spring special and around $10.50-$11.00 per bag for a good mix with about 25% Slow Release.

They are definately not the cheapest, but it's a much better choice than Scott's in both quality and price. Then keep your eye open for a fertilizer company that blends specifically for your area. You can find good products for around $9.00 per bag and get good results. Sometimes you can find where other companies in your area buy from or attend any trade shows nearby.
  4. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

NO WAY does Lesco make better fertilizer than Scotts.

Without at LEAST mentioning analysis, much less chemical make-up, how can you even compare?
  5. healthylawn.net

healthylawn.net LawnSite Member

side by side analysis, years of comparison... That's how. Plus, more slow release in Lesco products.
    This is not a plant science class, so basic questions yield basic answers.