Fertilizer license requirements...

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by fiveoboy01, Aug 6, 2006.

1. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

2. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

If all you are going to do is apply any fertilizer without insecticide or weed control product then you do not need a license. If you are not familiar with fertilizer, what ratios, how much slow release, how often to apply I would recommend going to a fertilizer supply store that deals with professionals. I use Lesco but there are others I am sure in the Madison area. Also, make sure you get a good spreader and make sure it is calibrated properly. Improper application of fertilizer can also screw up a lawn.

Mike
    Mike's Total Lawn Care

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This applies to LICENSED businesses and basically what it is - is a seperate license if you are blending your own fertilizers for use. Do NOT confuse this with the use of pesticides, that which if you buy pre-mixed stuff like at Home Depot that it is ok. This is not the case. Licensing is required for this. Don't get yourself in trouble. :)

4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Ok, that pretty much answers my question.

I'm aware of the need for an applicator's license for pesticides, and have already gotten the process rolling to become licensed for that.

Thanks guys.