1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fertilizer/lime application

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Lawnsmith7, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Lawnsmith7

Lawnsmith7 LawnSite Member

I'm just starting out this year and I want to do it right.... First, do you have to have a pest.license to apply fertilizer and lime for your customers....Secondly, how offers the best rates for financing equipment with less than perfect credit scoring :blob2: :blob2: :confused:
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Every state is different for fertilizer applications. Now Pesticides is a different story. Usually you have to be certified and the business has to have a license. Make sure that you do soil tests to find out whether or not a lime applicaiton is necessary.

Sheffield Financial is the best that I could find.
  3. Lawnsmith7

thanks for the info tiedeman...I have 6 clients as of now from last year just cutting on the side I would like to get about 30 accounts by cutting season what do you assume is the best approach to achieve this goal
  4. hartlawnmain

hartlawnmain LawnSite Member

If you want a John Deere or Great Dane, JD has the best financing right now! In house...1% of balance the first year, 3% the second year. This is with a 9.9% apr. This keeps your payments very low for a couple of years until you get a good positive cash flow going. Payment on a $10,000 mower is only about $110.00/month year one.
  5. Lawnsmith7

Thanks Hartlawnmain I will check into that at the Jd dealer in Cornelius they have a large selection:cool: