1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Deere, Mar 11, 2000.

1. John Deere

John Deere LawnSite Member

Yes I know this has been addressed in the past, but I would like to take a poll on what your estimating procedures are on fertilizing. <br>Examples: Do you have a minumum bid? Do you have a one time charge for all apllications? Do you charge per application. Most importantly, what is your charge per 5000 sq. ft. + whatever fee you may have in addition to that if any. Thank you to all who can help me, after all that's what this site if for right?
  2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

In this area $35-$50 per 10,000 per application. I try to sell 6 step program.<br>Pre-emergent<br>fert weed control<br>fert x 4 weed control as needed<br>higher n in the fall <br>
  3. NeilG

NeilG LawnSite Member

J.D.<br>$34 for the first 4K SQFT<br>$3 per 1K after that.<br>Bill by the application.<br>In my area, Seven treatments.<br>2 Spring PreEm<br>3 Summer Fert<br>2 Fall PreEm<br>Thinking of adding a fuel surcharge, if cost of gas keeps going up and up and up.