fertilizer price for a 4,6,8 step

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ant, Oct 24, 2000.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

are your prices the same pre sq.ft. for a 4,6,8 step application? gave a cust a price on a 6 step and he said ok then changed his mind and went to a 4 step, and i granted him the same price per application. are youe applications the same price bracket?
    anthony

2. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

Good question

If you are only doing 4 apps, probally 1 fert+preM, 1 Fert+ post weed, and 2 straight fert. If you are doing 5 or 6 or 7 treatments, then maybe you are doing 2 preM and 2 post weed controls. The material is more expensive. Maybe in the 5-6-7 plans you add in insect control, driving up the cost even more.

On the other hand, with that many apps, you could cut back on the fert, maybe even not use slow release, or a lower % of slow release, since you will be treating more often.

OK, I just broke it down, and the cost differences are minimal.

My 4 step program 1 pre+fert, 1 post+fert, and 2 fert has an average material cost of $1.39/1000 per app. My 5 step has the same, and includes insect control+fert.. Material cost per app is $1.43/1000. My 6 step program has 2 preM+ fert, 1.5 post+fert, 1 insect+fert, and 2 straight fert. MAterial cost per app is $1.48/1000 per app.

3. ant

jac: i did the same thing on paper before i posted it,i know a company in my area that charges more per sf. on the less steps,but you are wright the cost is to small to adjust the price. i know my self that the difference between the 4 or 6 step is about 1+ lb. of N per season.
    anthony

4. ant

thanks for the reply
    anthony