fertilizer prices on pre-m

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by ant, Feb 15, 2001.

1. jerry alexander20

jerry alexander20 LawnSite Member

you can get organic fertilizer or regular fertilizer for $13.00 & 14.50/bag? what size bags weight? and where do you get it from? lesco sells at these prices? because i have one 2 miles from me.

2. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Dude,

You dug up am 8 year old post. So the answer to your question is.....NO you cant get pre-m for those prices.

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Oh shucks! I was thinking prices had come way down--until I looked at the dates of the posts. Ancient history.

4. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Those were the days.......

5. MnLefty

MnLefty LawnSite Senior Member

Some of you guys that go through a large amount will see prices near $13/bag for whatever pre-emergent you're looking for, maybe even less depending on where you are, where you buy it, and timing. Fert prices have been down again for awhile, and both Dow and Syngenta have recently dropped pricing on the Dimension and Barricade tech material used to make your favorite combo product.

6. turf hokie

I can only dream....

7. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Its been in the barn now for 2 months and we paid a bit less then $13.00,

I think all fert will climb as time goes!

8. jerry alexander20

jerry alexander20 LawnSite Member

yo can any body out there call me regarding getting for these prices? because i can not find it no cheaper the $25-29 dollars per bag...will your lesco ship it to delaware for these prices... I need at least 2-pallets for this up coming spring...I m also looking for a motorized spray unit, with the hose set up all ready? Is fertilizer with pre-mergents it them cheaper this time of the year? my number is 302-547-1279.any advice please help!

9. turf hokie

YO, You're not going to get RCreech pricing. He buys tractor trailer loads, he buys wayyyyy early, he also is very close to the manufacturing plants.

I buy trailer loads and pay more than he does just based on shipping to get it to me.

You buying 2 pallets is not a ton of buying power. Although the prices you quoted do seem high, look around locally, JDL is not the only game in town.

It also sounds like you need to do some research and learn a bit more about products and applications and not just focus on how to get a bag of fert cheaper

10. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Ditto, RC knows his stuff. Our best prices the past year or 2 come from CPS & Zimco. They both use several suppliers, but most of the time it's made in Eau Claire, WI by EC Grow.