1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fertilizer Question

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Something D, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Something D

Something D LawnSite Member
    from East TN

Please help instead of cussing me down the road for this post. I am not licensed to apply pesticides. Hope to by the end of the year, however I have already researched the TN Dept of Agriculture. I do not need a license to apply fertilizer. With that in mind, I do not have any intent to break the rules now or ever. My question is. Is there a fertilizer that I can use on a customers yard that does not contain any pesticide or weed killer in it. If so what do you recommend? I have used the search fuction on this topic and I all I have seen is bashing the individual with their thread. Like I said I have researched and WILL NOT provide any weed and feed or pesticide programs until I get my license (hopefully this year).

Any help would be appreciated.
  2. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

Plain turf fertilizers dont have a weed additive in it
  3. JoeinJasper

JoeinJasper LawnSite Member

Any lawn fertilizer that contains a weed killer will say so on the label, such as "Weed and Feed", or fertilizer with Pre-m, otherwise it's just plain fertilizer.
  4. Something D

Something D LawnSite Member
    from East TN

Do you have a recommendation on Name brand????
  5. fazzy815-66

fazzy815-66 LawnSite Senior Member

6. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

This is a great post from an individual who has obviously put a little thought and research into their question. A lot of newbies could take a lesson from ya D :D
  7. boxoffire

boxoffire LawnSite Member

Thanks I was wondering the same thing. I don't have license either and have a new lawn that wants to be fertilized. I'm gonna look into LESCO product too I think. Here's a newbie question (which I'm sure will be on the instructions when seeding near or about the same time). Do you overseed first and water for a few days and wait until germination before putting out the fertilizer or vice versa? Is it too late to put out fertilizer on a tall fine fescue lawn? Just overseed for now maybe???

Help, and mucho gracias!

8. Macvols

Macvols LawnSite Member

Tenn Lawn

I have had great results with it
    Lesco was to high for me!!!
  9. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

Use Lesco's 24 - 5 - 11 great product