1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fertilizer question

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Sir mowsalot, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Sir mowsalot

Sir mowsalot LawnSite Senior Member

I am thinking about getting into the fertilizing for my customers. Where can i purchase it in bulk quantity? Surely im not going to go to home depot to buy it.
  2. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Try Lesco if you have one close by or check manufacturers websites for distributors in your area.
  3. Check out grain elevators or farmers supply outlets also. Some elevators sell fert also, or they can at least point you to where the farmers go to get their fert.

Be careful however and make sure that any product you pick up is approved for residential turf use.

READ LABELS. I have lost count of the number of posts from people asking questions about a product that is answered in the label. There is good info on the label and you would be well served if you make it a habit of reading, and understanding the label for every product you work with.

Additionally, some commercial grade products won't be available to you unless you have the required license to apply them commercially.
  4. Rtom45

Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member

Sir mowsalot:
    Lawn and Golf Co. out of Phoenixville should also be able to help you.
  5. Sir mowsalot

Sir mowsalot LawnSite Senior Member

Went today to lesco, never knew it was there. Man i learned so much today from the saleman in there.