Fertilizer recommendations for Centipede

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by mrshanno, Feb 11, 2012.

1. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

2. mrshanno

mrshanno LawnSite Member

3. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Since I'm on a granular fertilization schedule I usually fertilize 3-4 times a year(may-Aug or sept) at .5 lbs N per app. So we need to stay away from urea and potassium chloride. What are acceptable N sources to look for in a granular only fertilization program?

4. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

This one has about 25% slow release vs. the lebanon is 70% slow. The Anderson has manganese which isn't bad but do you need it? It is a very fine granular as this is a greens grade fert. What is the cost of this? I would think the lebanon is better for a centipede lawn. The anderson is designed more for greens.

I agree you can probably get superior results with liquid. Do you have the equipment to accurately apply?

5. mrshanno

mrshanno LawnSite Member

No, I would have to get the backpack, etc. which was why I was initially preferring granular. On second look, I agree the lebanon product would probably be better. I have access to the Anderson products, but not sure where to get Lebanon/Proscape products in my area.

6. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Fine for the rare lawn that needs P, K and micronutrient but absolutely no N.

7. greendoctor

Ammonium sulfate or MESA. I do not see ammonium sulfate as the primary nitrogen source very often. Almost everything granular has the very things that I do not ever want on any of my lawns. That is why I apply all liquid.

8. greendoctor

That is good stuff. But it is in the realm of the $30 and up bag of fertilizer. In my area, something like that is more like $60 per bag. It is a greens grade fertilizer with no coated urea and no potassium chloride. Nice stuff if you can afford it.

9. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

I was going to use it with the other ferts we have discussed for the N and additional K.

10. kenwin30

kenwin30 LawnSite Member

i am down in south ark, i recently moved to a house with centipede, where do i buy the proscape 17-0-17 at ArTURF ?